Ottery St Mary II and II both beaten on matchday four of Tolchards Devopn League
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary 3rd XI went down by 21 runs when they met Barnstaple and Pilton II in a 2nd XI D Division East meeting.
Barum batted first and made their way comfortably to a close of 240-4.
The wicket takers for the Otters were; Ethan Glanville (1-17), Henry Mutter (1-28), Harry McNamara-Campbell (1-31) and Albert Southall-Brown (1-38).
The Otters made a good fist of the run chase with the top contribution being 47 from Southall-Brown. Jack Dallyn hit an unbeaten 43 and the other main contributors were Guy Peters (33) and Henry Mutter (30).
Meanwhile the Otters 2nd XI were also beaten when they suffered a 126-run reversal at the hands of Sandford II.
You may also want to watch:
The Mid Devon side batted first and scored 236 for the loss of just four wickets.
Alex Clements was one of just three Ottery batsmen into double figures. Clements struck a battling 54 from the number seven slot.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
Gavin Iley (15) and George Mutter (11) were the other two batsmen to reach double figures. There were five ducks in the batting order! On Saturday Ottery 2nds host Lewdown and the 3rd XI entertain Kenn.