Ottery St Mary in nned of points at Awliscombe
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary went down by the odd goal in three in the East Devon derby against Feniton at Washbrook Meadow.
Matt Daly, who was the star of the show in an Otters shirt, scored the home goal, but the visitors took all three points courtesy of a contentious late free-kick.
The season has not been kind to date for Ottery followers with the team having already lost four of their seven outings so far.
What’s more, the clean sheets of last season have not been so forthcoming this term as the Otters have yet to keep one this time round, having shipped 14 goals in those seven starts!
There is one shining positive though and that is the Otters are currently unbeaten away from home this season, though they have only played twice away, and both times were at Sandford where they drew 3-3 and won 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday (October 24) the Otters are engaged in another East Devon derby when they make the short trip to Awliscombe.
Mike Dawe and his men will need to return from their visit to the Awls with three points if they want to get away from their current Fresha League Division Five position of second bottom!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown