Rudolph half-century not enough as Ottery St Mary lose to Kilmington
- Credit: Archant
A score of 62 from Ottery St Mary wicketkeeper Eddie Rudolph proved to be in vain as they were defeated by Kilimington in the Devon Cricket League East E1 (Tier 3) division.
Ottery won the toss and elected to bat but opener Joe Henkus fell to the first ball of the day.
Fellow opener Alex Clements combined with Rudolph for a 107-run partnership as the team ended on 180 all out after the 40 overs.
Despite a positive start from openers Tom Gooding and Josh, Kilmington found themselves in trouble when two middle-order batsmen, including captain Brett Garner, were dismissed for ducks but Billy Reed steadied the ship.
He combined with Oliver Reed for a 105-run partnership before he was caught by Rudolph off the bowling of Henry Mutter.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors reached their 181-run target with two overs and two wickets to spare.
The defeat means Ottery are in third place ahead of a visit of Upottery on Saturday, August 15.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival