Ottery St Mary lady bowlers defeat Exonia
- Credit: Archant
Ottery ladies started the week in winning form, writes Micheal Smith.
Playing in the LNBTL the ladies entertained Exonia in a contest that saw the rinks shared, but Ottery emerged 140-34 victors with a fine 24-17 success for Carol Keating, Val Kille and skip Maureen Phillips.
The ladies then played a County Trophy match against Honiton and went down by three rinks to one with the winning Ottery rink being Tony Luff, John Mabbott, Peter Jones and skip Mike Smith, 22-13.
In the men’s Over-60s league the A team continue to struggle going down on both rinks at home to Morchard Bishop A. The C team faired no better away to Wellington A, but once again the B team continue their winning streak with a good two rink win away to Sidmouth C.
In the C team game Tony Bushell, Norman Lawrence and skip Ray Luscombe recorded a conclusive 27-17 victory.
You may also want to watch:
A friendly was play at home against Severalls, who had a good three-rinks-to-one success. The only Ottery rink to taste victory was the one of Dick Ludgate, Eric Richardson, John Mabbott and skip Shirley Fewtrell, 26-16.
Ottery then played host to a touring side from Ashcombe Park near Weston-super-Mare, on a glorious afternoon Ottery came out winners by four rinks to two with one rink ending all square.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
The best of the home rinks was the one of Val Kille, Carol Bennett, Chris Hawke and skip Fred Dart, 20-8.
Finally, in a closely fought Exeter Evening Mixed League match at home to Honiton the rinks were shared with the visitors ultimately winning the match by four shots at 74-70.
The best Ottery rink comprised; Dot Luff, Chris Hawke, Gail Hawke and skip Mike Smith, winning 21-11.