Ottery St Mary make it four from four with four goal success at Exwick
Ottery St Mary Ottery made it four wins in four Fresha League Division Six outings with a 4-2 success at winless Exwick Village.
Playing on a difficult surface in Exeter the Otters were quickly into their stride and four goals inside the opening 24 minutes set them up for a comfortable three points.
Phil Paddisons back post header following a long throw from Dale Strawbridge was kept out by the home glovesman, one of numerous saves made by the Exwick keeper before the Otters broke the deadlock.
It was Jordan Rogers at the far post displaying cool control and clinical finishing to volley home a Nick Searle cross to open the scoring.
Adam Harris found himself unmarked in the area following a deflection and doubled the lead and swiftly scored a second after good work from Rogers down the right wing.
You may also want to watch:
The fourth goal was a Matt Daly cross-sum-shot from the right that capped an excellent first half hour from the Otters.
Just before the break a clearly shell-shocked home side did reduce the arrears from the penalty spot. They might have gone in with a second, or third, but were denied first by a superb six-yard block from Strawbridge and a smart save by Otters goalkeeper Duncan Smith.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
After the break there was just the one further goal, scored by the hosts on the hour, but the Otters were not to be denied another fine success that keeps their magnificent start to the new campaign going.
Mike Dawe’s entertain East Budleigh tomorrow (Saturday) looking to continue their home record which has so far seen two wins from two starts with ten goals scored an none conceded. Kick-off at Washbrook Meadow is 3pm.