Ottery St Mary Over-60s A team land win double in the Exeter and District Triples League
- Credit: Archant
The men’s over 60s A team continue their good form in Division Three of the Exeter and District Triples League with another two home wins, writes Michael Smith.
The first outing was a re-arranged fixture against Culm Vale C that saw the team bank six points for an overall win.
They secured all eight points against Okehampton A, a result that keeps them in second place just behind the leaders Seaton A.
The B and C teams both suffered defeats with the B team narrowly missing out away to Madeira E whilst the C team were edged out at home to Pinces C.
In the ladies NBTL Ottery had a good home win over Madeira, drawing on one rink, but bagging a fine 22-14 win on the other.
You may also want to watch:
They also had an overall win away to Phear Park, losing on one rink 19-22, but again had a good win of 21-7 with the rink of Ann Howells, Joan Saunders and skip Sharon Kenny.
In the Ladies Over-50s Triples League the Ottery ladies were away to a very strong Honiton team where they succumbed on both rinks, with Moyra Griffin, Val Kille and skip Gail Hawke just missing out with a fighting 21-25 defeat.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
Ottery again proved successful in two recent friendly matches.
First up they landed a great away win at Chardstock where they took all five rinks.
Dave Rose. Bob Porton and skip John Ward being the best winning rink with a 20-11 score line. The team then also enjoyed a good overall win at home to Chudleigh.
We still continue with our Friday night spot for new players who can just come along from 6pm with a pair of flat shoes or trainers.
Free tuition and equipment will be provided and, for more information, ring Mike Smith on 01404 811195.