Ottery St Mary Over-60s A team return to winnning way with success at Heavitree
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary were comprehensively beaten by Madeira in a County Trophy encounter, writes Michael Smith.
The match result was 4-0 in favour of the Exmouth side.
There was better news from the men’s Over-60s League A team as they returned to winning ways with a victory at Heavitree where they banked six points and also from the B team who claimed six points from a home win over Okehampton.
The C team are still searching for that illusive first win after going down on both rinks away to Topsham.
Madeira again proved too strong when Ottery met them in a friendly fixture with the Exmouth side winning four rinks to two.
You may also want to watch:
Touring side Watford and District visited Ottery and found the home side in fine form as a five rinks to one score line proved!
The best of the Ottery wining rinks was the one of Gail Hawke, Sylvia Rowe, Brian Baker and skip Terry House who won 36-11.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
In the ladies NBTL Ottery suffered a couple of defeats to St Thomas and Topsham, winning a rink in both matches, but losing overall, and picking up just two points in each game.
Friday club nights continue to welcome any new players who would like to try their hand at bowls.
It’s all very friendly and all new comers need to do is pop along to the club in Strawberry Lane (next to the cricket club), from 6pm, with a pair of flat shoes or trainers.
All equipment and any tuition that may be required is provided.
For more information please ring Mike Smith on 01404 811195.