Ottery St Mary Over-60s Triples League teams enjoy super week
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary bowlers have enjoyed a good past week in the Over-60s League, writes Michael Smith.
The A team were 37-33 winners in their game at Tiverton West End A where there was a 19-15 success for the rink of Steve Hall, John Ward and skip Mike Smith and a draw on the other rink.
The team followed up that success with a 39-38 win in a rearranged match at home to Culm Vale A.
In a thrilling match, the Otters won 39-38 with the top Ottery rink being the one of Tony Luff, Richard Bland and skip Terry House, who won 19-16.
Ottery B also did well, they banked seven points from their home match with Tiverton West End C. In this contest the top Ottery rink was the one of Tony Bushell, Norman Lawrence and skip Dave Rose, who won 19-7.
You may also want to watch:
Competing a terrifc week for the Over-60s teams, the C team enjoyed a 41-28 home success over Madeira C with the winning rink being the one of Eric Richardson, Frank Jones and skip Ken Dennis, who secured a 27-10 success.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford