Ottery St Mary petanque team continue unbeaten start to Devon League season
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary continued their unbeaten start to the Devon Petanque League season with a 3-2 success over Honiton, writes Dave West.
Having beaten Honiton on their own patch the month before, the Otters were prepared for a tough encounter.
Several Honiton members had played in the Charity Shield at Ottery St Mary the previous week and their continued improvement was noticeable.
In this Devon league match Lesley and Costa Drakatos with Charlie O’Reilly took one of the opening triples against Otters Peter Smith, Barrie Hall and Mike Bird by 13-8.
John Thatcher, Dave West and Paul Puddicombe levelled the match in beating Honiton’s Maureen and Andy Mills with Chris Bigmore, 13-6.
You may also want to watch:
With all to play for in the three doubles games Peter Smith and Barrie Hall made a good start for the home team with a 13-8 win against Maureen and Andy Mills.
Otters John Thatcher and Mike Bird ensured victory when they beat Costa Drakatos and Charlie O’Reilly 13-6.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
The Honiton side went down fighting with Lesley Drakatos and Chris Bigmore winning 13-6 against Dave West and Paul Puddicombe.
So the match result was a 3-2 score line in favour of Ottery St Mary who remain unbeaten in the Devon League after three matches.