Ottery ST Mary’s annual Triples Weekend a big success
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend Ottery St Mary Bowls Club staged their annual ‘Triples Weekend’, writes Mike Smith.
In glorious weather preliminary rounds were played on the Saturday and semi-finals on the Sunday.
Following some terrific action the teams of Joan Dalton, Kevin Vernon and skip Steve Hall and Gail Hawke, Mollie Parker and skip Eric Saunders will now play on finals day which is set to take place in August.
It has been proved to be a disappointing week for Ottery bowlers as they went down to Seaton by three rinks to two in the County Trophy.
All three of the club’s men’s Over-60s teams suffered defeats, with the A team losing to St. Thomas A for the first time this season.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery then travelled to Chardstock to play in the Top Club competition and were narrowly beaten three rinks to two!
However, Ottery finally came good with a terrific three rinks to one success at Tiverton Borough in the Two Counties competition.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
The best performing Ottery rink was the one of Sharon Kenny. Dave Jones, Shirley Fewtrell and skip John Pethick, who won 38-7.
Friday club nights continue to attract new bowlers to try their hand at bowls, just turn up from 6pm with flat shoes or trainers, free tuition and equipment will be provided, for more information ring Mike Smith on 01404 811195.