Ottery St Mary’s Presidents Day is a big hit
LAST Sunday it was Presidents Day at Ottery St. Mary with 48 members contesting a Round Robin competition on six rinks.
Despite the weather, a great time was had by all after which, in the evening, President Harry Channon and his wife Ann (and family) served an excellent supper to members, partners and friends.
During the evening prizes were presented to the winning rink from the afternoon’s game.
The winners were, Graham Lee, Moyra Griffin, Nick Pinder and Graham Temple.
In other games the County Trophy Match against Budleigh was played at home and away, the home team of J Ward, P Jones, M Potter and skip W Taylor together with G Temple, T Luff, G Kille and skip J Candy, lost 27-43.
You may also want to watch:
The way team of T House, B Bramley, J Pethick and skip H Channon, together with D Brown, D Dalton, D Rose and skip M Smith, won 55-27.
Overall Ottery won the match 82-60.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
The Mens over-60’s B team travelled to Cullompton and recorded an excellent 34-31 success. G Kille, D Dalton and skip M Smith, won 19-13 whilst G Temple, J Candy and skip N Lawence, were beaten 15-18.
In a 2-Counties match, Ottery played at Cullompton winning on three rinks and losing on one to secure a 90-59 overall victory.
G Temple, B Bramley, G Kille and skip M Smith, went down 17-22 but there was a 23-13 success for D Luff, D Dalton, P Richards and skip T House, a 24-17 victory for T Ward, D Brown, D Rose and skip H Channon and a 26-7 triumph for V Kille, T Luff, J Ward and skip M Parker.
In other news, Terry House has reached the Final of the Devon Section-3 Officers Competition where he now faces Francis Newton of Madeira.