Ottery St Mary score eight in clean sheet win over East Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary powered their way to another big Fresha League Division Six success, hitting visiting East Budleigh Reserves for eight at Washbrook Meadow.
Once again the Otters were ruthless and clinical with their finishing and both committed and organised in defence.
The opening goal was a sweet strike from 25-yards by Tom Melia who got the opportunity to rifle the ball home after good approach play from winger Jordan Rogers.
The second and third goals were products of the training ground with scores from set pieces. The first came when a corner found its way to the edge of the area where leading scorer Adam Harris added to his growing goal count. The second was a well-flighted corner that Rogers headed home.
Harris got his second just before half-time from a good pass from Matt Daly.
You may also want to watch:
After the break there was more of the same. Melia bagged his second before Harris completed his hat trick on the hour.
Number seven arrived when Daly broke through and ran clear to win his personal one-on-one with the visiting glovesman.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Fittingly skipper Phil Paddison put a polished seal on proceedings with the eighth and final goal late on.
Tomorrow (Saturday) the Otters travel to Woodbury for a Football Express 2nd Round tie (2.30pm).