Ottery St Mary secure season’s petanque double over Isca
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary completed a seasons double over Isca when they beat them 3-2 in Exeter last midweek in a Devon League petanque match.
The Otters made a good start winning the opening triples match with John and Rose Thatcher together with Barrie Hall beat claiming a 13-5 success.
The second game was a tougher battle and it ended in a narrow defeat for Dave West, Peter Smith and Derek Hansen at the hands of Isca’s John Clark and Mac and Anne Patteson.
The first of the three doubles matches saw two married couples go head-to-head as Ottery pairing John and Rose Thatcher bagged a 13-5 victory over Mac and Anne Patteson.
Next up another Otters win as Dave West and Derek Hansen claimed a 13-4 win, the biggest winning margin of the whole encounter.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Smith and Barrie Hall battled well against the Isca double of Stewart Brown and Joan Dixie before going down 13-7.
It all meant a 3-2 triumph for the Otters, a repeat of the earlier season meeting between the pair in East Devon.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat