Ottery St Mary secure season’s petanque double over Isca
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary completed a seasons double over Isca when they beat them 3-2 in Exeter last midweek in a Devon League petanque match.
The Otters made a good start winning the opening triples match with John and Rose Thatcher together with Barrie Hall beat claiming a 13-5 success.
The second game was a tougher battle and it ended in a narrow defeat for Dave West, Peter Smith and Derek Hansen at the hands of Isca’s John Clark and Mac and Anne Patteson.
The first of the three doubles matches saw two married couples go head-to-head as Ottery pairing John and Rose Thatcher bagged a 13-5 victory over Mac and Anne Patteson.
Next up another Otters win as Dave West and Derek Hansen claimed a 13-4 win, the biggest winning margin of the whole encounter.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Smith and Barrie Hall battled well against the Isca double of Stewart Brown and Joan Dixie before going down 13-7.
It all meant a 3-2 triumph for the Otters, a repeat of the earlier season meeting between the pair in East Devon.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out