Ottery St Mary Short Mat Bowls stage successful charity competition
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Short Mat Bowls Club held their Annual Weekend Charity Three’s and Four’s competitions at the institute last weekend.
Teams from Somerset, Devon and Dorset were in attendance, all competing to raise money for the new Hospice Day Centre in Honiton.
The event was organised by Bridget and Brab Hallowes.
Honiton Support Group provided an excellent array of meals, cakes during the week-end competitions, all organised by Mary Bolshaw and her team.
All the teams participating and the club would like to thank them for their assistance and friendly banter during the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks also to the bowlers who competed, some on both days and those who gave generously to the fundraising.
The winners of the Saturday Four’s competition were local team Sidbury, with the runners-up being Cerne Abbas.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
The Sunday Three’s competition was won by Motley Crew from the Yeovil area and with the runners-up being another Somerset-based side, Biddesham.
It is thought the magnificent sum of £1,400 was raised by the event and a presentation will be made to the charity at a forthcoming presentation evening.
Bridget and Brab Hallowes would like to thank everyone involved, club members, the Honiton Hospice Support Group, bowlers who competed for a wonderful weekend of competitions and fundraising.