Ottery St Mary sink Sidmouth twice inside a week
- Credit: Archant
It’s been another busy past week for the Ottery St Mary bowlers, writes Peter and Janet Bebb.
In the Two Counties League match against Tiverton Borough Ottery recorded a good result winning on three rinks and losing on just one to claim an overall victory at 92.
Next up a County Trophy match against Sidmouth played at home and away and this saw Ottery lose one rink at home and one away, but that did not prevent them winning overall by a score of 89-63.
In a men’s Over-60s match played at Sidmouth Ottery recorded a second win over their near neighbours inside a week with the Ottery B team seeing off Sidmouth C 40-36.
In another Over-60s encounter, this time against Heavitree, despite slipping to a rare defeat, the team still sit in a top two berth in the table.
You may also want to watch:
In friendly matches Ottery had a good win at home over Lyme Regis, losing just one rink on their way to an emphatic 84-49 triumph.
That lone rink loss was by the narrowest of margins – one shot, at 16-15!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
A mixed triples match against Budleigh Salterton played at home over six rinks proved to be a close encounter with each club claiming success on three rinks, but with Ottery the overall 100-92 winners.
The triples game at home against Exonia was another close run thing with both teams winning on two rinks, but again Ottery prevailed in terms of the overall result, bagging an 81-72 success.
Last, but certainly not least this week, congratulations to the club’s Terry House on receiving his County Badge.