Ottery St Mary slip to the foot of the the table after Bideford defeat
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary have endured a torrid start to their Tolchards Devon League B Division season and find themselves bottom of the table with 16 points, nine shy of third bottom Filleigh three games into an 18 game campaign.
They were a man light for their match day three, home game, against a Bideford side that top the fledgling table.
With rain hitting the area a 30-overs-per-side contest was played.
Bideford batted and opener Matt Shepherd top scored with in the visitors 45 in what
Dan Jeacock (3-38), was the most successful Ottery bowler and mention must be made also of the efforts of Ollie Reed (2-17) and Jody Clements (2-18), who kept the scoring down in the middle overs.
You may also want to watch:
The Ottery reply floundered on 95, the final wicket being lost in the penultimate over.
Jody Clements top scored for the Otters with 21.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
It already looks like being a long tough season for the Otters and match day four sees them end the first month of the season with a trip to Tavistock.
Tavvy have won one, lost one and
Ottery, who are rock bottom and already 16 points adrift, are away to Tavistock.
Tavvy enjoyed a day one win over Bideford, had their match day two meeting with Thorverton washed out when in a strong position and were narrowly beaten at Barton by two wickets in a 30-over rain-hit game last weekend.