Ottery St Mary Tennis Club hosting an Open Day this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Tennis Club is holding an Open Day this coming Saturday (June 8).
The event gets underway at 2pm and it will run through until 4pm. It all takes place at the sports centre courts which can be found behind the dance studio.
Ottery is a very friendly club and welcomes new members of all abilities. The Open Day is an opportunity for folk to pitch up and borrow one of the club rackets and hopefully enjoy themselves enough to join the club. There will also be afternoon tea served to al those attending.
In terms of tennis action, the club teams have certainly endured mixed fortunes in recent matches.
The ladies team, comprising of Helen Ogborne, Sally Dowle, Margaret Townsend and Val Stringer were beaten 6-2 by Kingsteignton, but then bounced back in some style, defeating Torquay 8-0!
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the mixed team of Andrew Brown, Margaret Townsend, Helen Ogborne and Julian Elston lost 8-0 away at Seaton.
Next up for the mixed team was another meeting with Seaton, this time at Ottery, but there was no change to the outcome with Seaton again winning 8-0, this time with the home team comprising of Andrew Brown, Margaret Townsend, Ray Puttick and Val stringer.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat