Ottery St Mary trio beaten in final of Devon County Section 3 Unbdaged Triples.
A trio of Ottery St Mary bowlers were runners-up in the Men’s Devon Section 3 Unbadged Triples final.
D Brown, J Pethick, and W Taylor defeated a team from Madeira in the semi-final before being edged out by another Madeira side in the final.
In the Ladies Devon Section 3 Competition Ottery Ladies played a team from Morchard Bishop winning on one rink 18-17 but losing on the other 17-18 resulting in a 35-all draw.
M Spencer, A Howells and skip F Hunt lost 17-18 whilst J Pinder, E Martin and skip M Phillips won their match 18-17.
Ottery travelled to Honiton for a friendly encounter which resulted in another draw at 90-all.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery won on three rinks and lost on the other two. The rink scores were; M Spencer, G Lee, R Johnson and skip T House (24-9), K Pollitt, D Hunt, C Martin and skip M Phillips (15-22), B Nelson, M Beighton, D Manvill and skip M Hunt (15-32), E Martin, A Howells, G Beighton and skip D Nangle (17-12) and B Lee, S Snelling, S Spencer and skip F Hunt (19-15).
Overbury, from near Tewkesbury secured a win at Ottery despite the hosts winning on two of the rinks.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
B Lee, J Bebb, R Johnson and skip M Smith won 24-16 whilst B Bramley, G Hawke, W Gray and skip M Phillips went down (14-32).
D Manvill, C Hawke, D Hunt and skip F Hunt were beaten 16-22 whilst S Kenny, G Lee, A Howells and skip T House were emphatic 27-7 winners. No such joy though for P Gray, S Hall, G Beighton and skip M Hunt who were beaten 17-22 whilst the quartet of J Sarton, P Bebb, M Shiel and skip M Potter slipped to an 8-31 defeat.