Ottery St Mary Under-10s keep perfect start going
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Ottery St Mary Under-10s maintained their 100 per cent winning start to the new football season with a impressive victories over two very good Tiverton Moors teams.
The first game was a hard fought battle with both teams playing good flowing football and sharing the possession equally.
The first half ended without either goal being breached, but all that changed early in the second half thanks to a stunning strike by Jack Carpenter that gave the Otters the lead.
The Moors response was as swift as it was clinical and parity was restored within two minutes.
Undaunted, the Otters pressed on and, thanks to their superior fitness, soon once again took control.
You may also want to watch:
Moors resisted well, but eventually they were undone when a superb cross from Robbie Larcombe was met with an outstanding header from the excellent Freddie Clarke to seal the Otters a deserved 2-1 win.
In their second game the Otters made a high tempo start and neat finish by Larcombe gave them a second minute lead.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
A great solo effort from Jack Carpenter made it 2-0, but Moors hit back to half the deficit before the break.
The Otters took control in the second half and a superb effort from Finley Giles saw them restore the two goal advantage.
It was no more than the Otters deserved when, following a brilliant Giles run, the ball found Freddie Clarke and rifled it home to complete the scoring and seal a 4-1 success.
Zach Wilkinson pulled off a superb performance in goal, saving the Otters on more than one occasion whilst Ash Whitcombe and Jake Blackmore were solid in defence. Dan Wright showed again that he is fast becoming a vital member of the squad with a superb performance in midfield.
This Saturday the Otters make the short trip to Sidmouth.