Ottery St Mary Under-13 celebrate their super season
- Credit: Archant
Ottery Under-13s brought the curtain down on their first season in Division One of the Exeter and District Youth League with an awards presentation to honour the team’s achievements.
The Otters finished the season in fourth position in the league and also won the League Cup, losing just four games throughout the whole campaign!
A packed clubhouse heard team manager Addy Carpenter praise the whole team and their efforts in a highly successful campaign in the top flight. All squad members received a trophy to mark the occasion.
In terms of the individual playing awards, the Manager's Player of the Season award went to Finn Upsher, who netted 31 goals in a superb campaign for the young hitman. Upsher also received the inaugural Golden Boot Award.
The coveted 'Players' Player of the Year award went to team skipper Fin Lashbrook and central defender Rowan Hewitt was chosen as the winner of the Supporters and Parents Player of the Year award.
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeeper Jack Hembrow was outstanding all season for the Otters and his contribution to the case was recognised with the Clubman award.
There was special mention for Sam and Shannon Blackmore for their work behind the scenes on match days and assistant manager Mark Gleeson was given the President's Cup for everything that he does for the team and the club.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour