Ottery St Mary Under-13s crowned league champions after seventh straight success
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Under-13s finished the league season with a 100 per record, rounded off with a comfortable six wicket win at Clyst St George.
The Otters, who won all seven of their Bradleys East Devon League fixtures this season, lost the toss and had to bowl first.
However, such is the confidence of this Ottery side that they tore into the home side with Ben Lawler claiming the individual bowling honours with a return of 4-13 from four excellent overs.
Ollie Olliff was back in the wickets, the youngster claimed a brace for just seven runs and there was a similar return for Ollie Brealey who finished with 2-6 from four overs.
Included in some now-customary smart Ottery fielding was an outstanding slip catch held by Lawrence Walker. Matt Jeacock took the final wicket as Ottery bowled the home side out for just 72 in 19.1 overs
You may also want to watch:
The run chase was led by Michael Lilley and James Tyler, who together put on a half century opening stand, ended when Tyler was caught for 19.
Lilley made a well constructed 23, and there were cameos from Walker and Max Mayor before Reuben Heal and Brealy saw Ottery across the line with nearly full overs to spare.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
With the league title now safely wrapped up the Otters can turn their attention to the East Devon cup where they have reached the quarter-finals.