Ottery St Mary Under-13s make it six from six with Tops triumph
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Under-13s continued their magnificent season with a sixth successive win – a 19-run victory in a Bradleys East Devon Youth League meeting at Topsham St James.
Ottery skipper Max Mayor won the toss and decided to bat first.
The Otters total of 133-2 from their 20 overs was built on fantastic unbeaten knocks by openers Lawrence Walker and Ben Lawler who both retired after making 40.
Ollie Brealy contributed 16, James Tyler hit nine and Sachin Coppell was unbeaten on four at the end of the innings.
In the field, Ottery maintained control as Topsham soon fell behind the required rate.
You may also want to watch:
No fewer than nine bowlers were used by the Otters – underlining just how much of an all-round team they are.
Lawrence Walker added to his batting exploits with a three wicket haul and Ollie Glanville also rattled the stumps with a lovely delivery.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
However, the pick of the other bowlers was Joe Hynam who conceded just three runs from three overs at a very important period of the game.
The fielding was pretty tight and Sachin Coppell’s catch will live long in the memory
Ottery are back in action against Kenn at home next Monday evening (June 19).