Ottery St Mary Under-15s celebrate title triumph
Ottery St Mary CC Under-15s are celebrating being the top team in their age group and the bad news for the opposition is that they are coming back for more next year, write Stephen Birley.
All but on of this year’s Under-15 team are eligible to play again next year in the same age group, the exception being skipper Billy Reed who will play in the Under-16s next summer.
Steve Loud’s young Otters have real strength in both batting and bowling departments and were crowned as the Bradley’s East Devon Youth League champions at the League’s awards evening last week.
After winning their division they went on to win the title beating Exmouth Under-15s on their own pitch at the Maer ground.
Amongst then many talented youngsters to play in the side are 13-year old Billy Rudolph whilst 14-year old Josh Cann is one of the leading batsmen and he struck his maiden senior cricket century this past season for the Feniton 2nd XI in a Francis Clark League game.
You may also want to watch:
Billy Reed is another key player with the bat whilst left-arm seamer George Southall-Brown leads the bowling attack with Dan Pyle and the spinning duties are often led by Tom Gurney.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles