Ottery St Mary Under-15s crowned cup kings of East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary lifted the County Sports Under-15 KO Cup when they defeated first Culmstock and then Exeter on Finals Day at Ottermouth, Budleigh last weekend.
In the semi-final the Otters fielded first and restricted the Mid Devon outfit to 137-6.
The bowling duties were shared around with Oli Reed and Harry Conway both returning figures of 1-18. There were also four run-outs! Billy Rudolph (0-14), Tom Jeacock (0-28), Tom Hinch (0-30) and Tom Gurney (0-21) were the other bowlers used.
Skipper Josh Cann led the successful run chase, retiring with a splendid 53 to his name. Billy Rudolph also retired having reached 50 as the Otters bagged a nine wicket win.
In the final the Otters met Exeter who had despatched Exmouth in the second semi-final.
You may also want to watch:
Exeter batted first and were restricted to 110 with Tom Gurney the pick of the Ottery bowlers with his 3-17.
Billy Rudolph then continued his fine form with the bat hitting 48 and George Hoult chipped in with an unbeaten 34. Josh Loud (8no) saw the side to victory, a deserved success too as Ottery were clearly the best team on display on the day.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
Man of the Match went to the best player on the day, Billy Rudolph, his all-round performance was very much instrumental in his sides triumph.