Ottery St Mary Under-9s enjoy unbeaten morning
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary Under-9s were unbeaten in two games against Tiverton opposition when they contested their latest Exeter and District Youth League matches.
In their first game, against Culm Sampford Lions, Otters always had the edge over their battling hosts and controlled proceedings throughout. Recent signing Frazer Wickers impressed and it was he who scored one of the goals with a clinical finish.
Freddie Clark bagged a brace and the other Otters goal was a Jake Blackmore penalty, that the first goal of the season fro the defender. A 4-0 success was very pleasing for Otters coach Addy Carpenter.
Next up they took on a Moors side that proved to be a very good match for a confident Otters .
Twice the Tiverton side too the lead, but each time Freddie Clark was on the end of a slick counter to level things up.
You may also want to watch:
Late in the contest Moors took the lead for the third time and looked set for victory until a superbly timed run and wonderfully executed strike late in the game from Jack Carpenter ensured honours ended even.
Otters team: Zak Wilkinson, Ashleigh Whitcombe, Jake Blackmore, Sam Gleeson, Jack Carpenter, Tom Bath, Frazer Wicker, Freddie Clarke and Finlay Giles.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support