Ottery St Mary versus Whimple - a trip down memory lane to 2008
- Credit: Archant
A look back in time to 2008 and a meeting between Whimple and Ottery St Mary
Cricketers will be all too aware that, as the Covid-19 pandemic continues, the 2020 cricket season is not going to start on time.
Indeed, players all over Devon should now be in pre-season, be that indoor nets or outdoor nets.
Groundsmen will still be tending their squares and outfields, albeit within the social distancing guidelines we all have to follow.
If the season proper had not been put on hold owing to the coronavirus crisis, then our local teams would have just two more Saturdays of friendly cricket before the start of the 2020 Tolchards Devon League campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The new season of league cricket should have been getting underway on Saturday, May 2.
The fact that there is no cricket on offer whatsoever right now comes as a real pain for cricketers all over – and those of us who enjoy reporting on cricket!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
To ‘soften’ the blow, we have been looking at the archives in terms of matches we have had a photographer at in the past and today we bring you snaps from the 2008 meeting between Ottery St Mary and Whimple.
Maybe you have a sports story for us? Granted, there is no sport happening right now, but perhaps you have a sporting memory you would like to share.
We are always delighted to receive sports reports and article and ask they include all surnames and, if you are sending us pictures to go with them then they need to be at a size of at least 500kb.
Send your articles and j-pegs to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Pictures are by TERRY IFE