Ottery St Mary well beaten at home
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary 2, Halwill 6 Ottery St Mary continued their recent run of poor form at home to a strong Halwill Reserves outfit who now have four consecutive wins on the road.
Two contentious penalties in the opening 10 minutes set the scene for what was to be a frustrating day for Ottery, who found themselves 3-0 down after just 20 minutes.
The Otters responded well and controlled the remainder of the half. They created and spurned, a number of good scoring opportunities until they too were awarded a penalty which was duly slotted five minutes before the break.
A second half comeback failed to materialise though as Halwill pushed on to find the net a further three times against a dejected home side.
Late on the margin of defeat was reduced thanks to a towering header from centre back Phil Paddison.
You may also want to watch:
A well earned 3 points for Halwill, but for Ottery, perhaps a wake-up call as they prepare for the visit of East Budleigh reserves on Saturday when they will hope to end a run of three consecutive defeats.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey