Ottery St Mary Youth tournament this weekend (June 23 and 24)
- Credit: Archant
This coming weekend (June 23 and 24) it is the second Ottery St Mary Football Club Youth Tournament.
Last year’s inaugural event was a huge success and, based on the teams that have booked to play this year, the second tournament looks set to be even better!
The car parking is ‘on site’ and open from 8am on both days with registration of teams taking place from 8.30am to 9.30am with play getting underway both on Saturday and Sunday at 10am.
On the Saturday the spotlight falls on the Under-7s, 9s, 11s and 13s and the following day it’s the turn of the Under-8s, 10s, 12s and 14s.
The club do wish to emphasise that, on event days such as these two days, the Washbrook Meadow site is a ‘no dogs allowed’ zone.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the football there are plenty of other things going on with the club having a bouncy castle, a barbecue sizzling all day, a sweet stall, hot and cold drinks and the bar will be open from noon on both days.
Spectators are always made very welcome by the club and, with the added attraction of the in-club big screen TV showing World Cup matches, it looks as if Washbrook Meadow may well be the place to be this weekend.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon