Ottery suffer Over-60s run of defeats
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary suffered a clean-sweep of defeats in their most recent Over-60s Triples League outings, writes Michael Smith.
The A team were in action at Hemyock A where they went down 40-31, but they did have the consolation of a winning rink thanks to an 18-12 win for Richard Bland, Peter Jones and skip John Pethick.
The B team entertained St Thomas C who departed with a 30-26 success. The Otters did draw one of the rinks with Tony Bushell, Norman Lawrence and skip Ray Luscombe drawing 14-all.
The C team rounded off a miserable week for the Over-60s teams as they went down 42-22 to Sidmouth D.
Ottery travelled to Tiverton Park for a friendly encounter and, although they lost three rinks to two, they did seal an overall success at 81-74.
You may also want to watch:
The best of the Ottery rinks was the one of Val Jones, Carol Bennett and skip George Kille, who won 28-8.
Finally in the latest EEML fixture, Ottery played host to Honiton, winning three rinks to one, but losing out overall by 69 shots to 59.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
In this match the best Ottery rink was the one of Terri Ward, Peter Jones, Ray Luscombe and skip John Ward, who won 24-12.
With still two months left to go of the summer season there is plenty of opportunities for new players to come along to the club on Friday nights from 6pm.
As ever, coaching and equipment will be provided. For more information please do contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.