Ottery suffer Over-60s run of defeats
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary suffered a clean-sweep of defeats in their most recent Over-60s Triples League outings, writes Michael Smith.
The A team were in action at Hemyock A where they went down 40-31, but they did have the consolation of a winning rink thanks to an 18-12 win for Richard Bland, Peter Jones and skip John Pethick.
The B team entertained St Thomas C who departed with a 30-26 success. The Otters did draw one of the rinks with Tony Bushell, Norman Lawrence and skip Ray Luscombe drawing 14-all.
The C team rounded off a miserable week for the Over-60s teams as they went down 42-22 to Sidmouth D.
Ottery travelled to Tiverton Park for a friendly encounter and, although they lost three rinks to two, they did seal an overall success at 81-74.
You may also want to watch:
The best of the Ottery rinks was the one of Val Jones, Carol Bennett and skip George Kille, who won 28-8.
Finally in the latest EEML fixture, Ottery played host to Honiton, winning three rinks to one, but losing out overall by 69 shots to 59.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
In this match the best Ottery rink was the one of Terri Ward, Peter Jones, Ray Luscombe and skip John Ward, who won 24-12.
With still two months left to go of the summer season there is plenty of opportunities for new players to come along to the club on Friday nights from 6pm.
As ever, coaching and equipment will be provided. For more information please do contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195.