Ottery tennis players endure mixed early season early
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary have had mixed results in their early season outings, writes Sally Dowle.
The Ottery mixed team were in action against Willand.
The team, comprising of John Mcgregor, Margaret Townsend, PaulineTaylor and Raymind Puttick fought hard, but ultimately went down to a 6-2 defeat.
Next up the mixed team, this time made up of John Mcgregor, Margaret Townsend, Sally Dowle and Julian Elston, played Newton St Cyres A and, although they again fought hard from first minute to last they again went down to a 6-2 reversal.
The Ottery ladies had their first match of the new season when they took on Dawlish in what turned out to be a lengthy four-and-a-half hour match!
You may also want to watch:
It all ended well though with Valerie Stringer, Margaret Townsend, Sally Dowle and Helen Ogborne combining to win the match 7-5.
Ottery St Mary Tennis club has its early next month. Saturday, June 8, is the date of the Open Day when all ages and abilities will be made most welcome.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat