Ottery St Mary vs Totnes and Dartington: Match preview
- Credit: Archant
The league season kick starts for Ottery St Mary this weekend as they host Totnes and Dartington in the Devon Football League South and West division.
The dawn of a new era begins for Ottery as they start life in the DFL South and West division. The club have conceded it will be a challenge but one that they will relish and first up for them is Totnes and Dartington.
Manager Dave Fairweather has kept his cards close to his chest in terms of team news but has said that he hopes to have 'one or two' more signings.
Importantly though, he wants players that will provide something the whole season and not just the first game.
You may also want to watch:
Considering this year is the first season the DFL has been running, you'll be unsurprised to learn that there has been no league meetings between the two teams.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book
As mentioned, this is Ottery's first league game of the season so there is widespread anticipation to see how the Otters get on in the new division. In their final pre-season game, they lost 3-1 to Topsham Town in the annual Invitational Cup.
Totnes and Dartington's season is already underway having played on Wednesday night. Unfortunately for them, they lost the opening game 2-0 against Kingsteignton Athletic.
The game kicks off at 3pm on Saturday, August 17. Follow along with our live match thread at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.