Ottery Under-13s turn on the style to knock Sidmouth out of the League Cup
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary U13s powered through to the quarter finals of the Exeter and District Youth League after bagging what was a thoroughly convincing 6-2 win over local rivals Sidmouth.
The contest was played at the Otters’ Washbrook Meadow home and it was Finn Upsher who fired Ottery ahead when he powered his way into the area before rifling the ball past the Sidmouth keeper.
Ollie Milton, who went on to win the Otters Man of the Match award, then doubled the lead with a terrific strike that nestled in the top corner of the net.
Sidmouth hit back and, with two fine finishes from Ben Elsom, the sides went into half-time locked at 2-2.
It was in the second half that the Otters turned on the style! They began to dominate proceedings, playing some delightful passing football.
You may also want to watch:
Zak Wilkinson scored with a clean strike from 15 yards to restore the Ottery lead before Jake Blackmore scored the goal of the game, a stunning, curling 20-yard shot that gave the Sidmouth glovesman no chance.
A second from Milton and a typical striker’s goal from Freddie Clarke rounded up the scoring.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
Ottery manager Adam Carpenter was full of praise post match for all his charges, but did single out Milton and defenders Finn Lashbrook and Tom Bennett for their contributions.
The next action for Ottery, who are currently sitting fifth in the Division One table, ids a visit to Okehampton for a league fixture.