Ottery well beaten by visiting Filleigh
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary went down by seven wickets to visiting Filleigh in their final home game of the Tolchards Drinks Devon League B Division season.
After winning the toss and opting to bat, the Otters were bundled out for 112 in 34.3 overs.
A number of batsmen got starts, and made it into double figures, but no one got more than the 19 that Alex Clements recorded.
The others into double figures were: Rob Johns (17), Dan Fowler (14), Matt Reed (13) and number nine bat Joe Birch (16).
Filleigh made short work of a successful run chase, using up just 20 overs while they did lose three wickets along the way.
You may also want to watch:
Will Harrison claimed one of them and returned impressive figures of 1-13 fro five overs. Joe Birch also claimed a wicket with his figures being 1-24 from four and the other wicket was taken by Thomas Hinch (1-31 from 2.4 overs). Wicketkeeper Alex Clements pouched two catches.
On Saturday the Otters bring the curtain down on a disappointing season when they go to Seaton (1.30pm)
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge