Ottery winger Callum Hutchins to face his old team for second time in seven days
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Ottery St Mary winger Callum Hutchins has more reason than many of his team mates to be looking forward to the swift return meeting with priory at Washbrook Meadow tomorrow (Saturday).
That’s because he signed for the Otters from the Exeter-based side and scored one of the goals in the 3-1 win the Otters enjoyed over Priory last Saturday at Hamlin Lane in Exeter.
Otter’s boss Dave Fairweather says: “Callum [Hutchins] was superb in the game at Priory and caused them no end of problems. He was comfortably our best player on the day and fully deserving of the Man of the Match award.”
Fairweather continued: “Our overall team performance at Priory was easily the best of the season so far and it left me feeling very happy indeed. We were mighty close to bagging that much coveted first clean sheet of the campaign, and would have got one had we not been undone by a late penalty.”
The Otters still have a couple of players on the long-term injury list with Dan Jewell and Jordan Wilkinson both continuing to miss the action.
You may also want to watch:
However, strengthening the Ottery bosses options is the return of Johnny De Cruz, Adam Harris, Callum Rogers and James Hiscox, who all missed the 3-1 win at Priory, are all available for this Saturday’s return meeting.”
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford