Sidmouth Croquet net outstanding win
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth B bagged themselves a superb league victory when they entertained Lym Valley, writes Chris Donovan.
The team, captained by John Coombes, also included Paul Griew, Duncan Hasell and Lionel Stock.
The format for South West Federation League matches is one game of doubled and six single's games; ie seven games of two-and-a-half hours each which ensures there is a winning team at the close of play.
The morning's action began with Hasell winning with the
best singles score of the day, 14-6 and was level at 'time' with the score 9-all and, when the pair played on for the 'golden hoop', Stock prevailed to secure a 10-9 victory.
You may also want to watch:
In the afternoon session, Lym Valley improved their average score, but failed to secure any wins, thus leaving Sidmouth victorious in all games. What's more it all amounted to a veritable 'whitewash' with the final score being Sidmouth 7, Lym Valley 0.
This was another successful win for Sidmouth. Hasell and Stock having only recently joined the club and deserve particular commendation for winning their games.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!