Over-50s in form
Sidmouth hosted the Spears Trophy and a thoroughly enjoyable day was had by the six rinks of Sidmouth players and six visiting teams, writes Elaine Reed.
All the Sidmouth teams did the club proud but two excelled with winning scores of +21. Val Newnham, Pat Pritchard, Sheila Burnand and Paddy Wrench won the shield with Jane Painter, Josie Harrison, Doreen Pound and Anita Mason coming a close second. Well done ladies. Thank you to the outdoor committee and helpers who laid on a delicious high tea at half time.
The weather stayed fine for the Ladies Pairs on Saturday. Well done to those who got through to the next round: Phil Nobbs and Sue Miller, Jill Bishop and Elaine Reed, Jill Lewis and Wendy Limpus, Jane Painter and Sheila Ingyon and Jean Brimson and Sheila Burnand.
Monday saw the Over-50s League competing against Heavitree at Heavitree.
Well done Sidmouth ladies who won on both rinks. Phil Nobbs, Wendy Limpus and Sheila Burnand won 18-16 whilst Jean Brimson, Paddy Wrench and Val Newnham excelled with a 24-8 victory.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory