Paddon through for Sidmouth in EWGA medal
The final round of the Gertie Skinner Trophy was played on Wednesday with some ladies also choosing to enter the Club Medal as well as the Eclectic and putting competitions.
The final round of the Gertie Skinner Trophy was played on Wednesday with some ladies also choosing to enter the Club Medal as well as the Eclectic and putting competitions; in all 33 entries - a very good turnout.
Conditions were blustery but sunny and the greens were extremely fast, particularly considering the heavy rain that we'd had the previous day. The course is particularly stunning at the moment due to the autumn colours and the sea views showed many white caps in the bay - better looking at the sea than being on it!
CSS was 72, no 2s and reduction only for handicap purposes.
The Gertie Skinner Trophy winner was Pauline Dibley with a nett 69.Pauline also won Division 3. Runner-up for the Gertie Skinner Trophy was Marie Timms on nett 73 and Marie claimed the winner's spot for Division 1 with Pat Coleman winning Division 2 with a nett 74.
You may also want to watch:
This competition decided who would go forward to represent the club in the regional final for the EWGA Medal that will be played on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at Chippenham Golf Club in Wiltshire and the lady who needs to find her way there is Gill Paddon, having had the four best nett scores in Medal play - well done Gill.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98