Paget nets hat-trick then catches a bride!
- Credit: Archant
Fluxton 10, Amory Green Rovers 0 The wedding bells had begun to ring as groom Olly Paget led his men out onto a sunlit Tipton pitch framed by bronzing oak and ash and a smattering of churchgoers.
With just hours hours between the final whistle and saying, ‘I will’, Paget junior set about the Rovers defence like a bride waltzing her first dance!
By half-time Fluxton had powered into a seven-goal lead with braces from Paget, Stephen Howe and James Santer and a first Fluxton goal for Graham Hughes. It should have been more!
The back three contained two centre midfielders in Jason Ferrett and Tristan Dorey who, along with Andrew Butcher, started the measured passing that resulted in eighty-eight per cent possession.
Fluxton changed their ‘keeper at half time, Howe replacing Matt Sercombe in the traditional pink. After the game, the referee informed the home side that, due to not reporting the change to the officials, a penalty and sending off would have resulted in the event that Howe handled the ball. The opposition had been informed, but could not muster enough pressure to force him to pick up the ball. Perhaps this fact says more about the balance of the game than anything else in the report!
You may also want to watch:
Paget completed his hat-trick with a flighted curler into the top left and subbed himself off to save his legs for the aisle.
Rich Rapps thumped a penalty home before Matt Sercombe hit a thunderous drive from a tight angle to complete the scoring.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
Oliver Paget later married Amelia Holme at 4pm in Sidmouth’s Unitarian Chapel. (The Old Dissenting Meeting Room).
Fluxton: M Sercombe, Dorey, Butcher, Ferrett, Hughes, Howe, A Paget, R Rapps, (Long 58), O Paget (Burgess 73), M Wilson (J Santer 30).