Painter aims for title hat-trick
Jane Painter played in two Ladies’ finals on Club Finals Day at Sidmouth GC, and could be heading for a hat-trick writes Alison Cook.
She played Sheila Tallon in the Match Play competition and won and, later the same day, she played, and beat, Jean Rapersby-Ford in the Willcock Cup. Jane is also a finalist in the Peggy Bell competition, which has yet to be played. Can she make it a hat-trick?
This Wednesday, 20 ladies, each with an invited guest, took part in what is always an enjoyable annual event—Ladies’ Invitation Day
The invitees came from far and wide. Mary Marchant, who partnered local golfer, Sheila Thomson, came all the way from inland Bedfordshire. The duo recorded a winning score of 41 points. Mary commented that she really enjoyed her day at the seaside. Mary and Sheila won on the back nine from Maria Clapp and her guest, Helen Mortimer, who also came in with 41 points. Helen had come even further than Mary for her win, having travelled from Castro Marim which is close to the Portuguese border with Spain. Doubtless, tales of her successful day in Sidmouth will be told back on her home course in Portugal. What a great free advert for Devon!
Third place went to Coral Roberts and her partner, Liz Turner, from Exeter, with 39 points. They had a better back nine than Dorthe Fowler and her guest, Maureen Howard, from East Devon GC, who also scored 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth has seven par three holes but, such is their difficulty that, on this occasion, no one scored a two. As a result, the prize balls were distributed amongst all those who had entered the two’s competition, making every one a winner and bringing a great day to a close with a feel good factor.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight