Painter at the double in brace of Sidmouth finals
The outdoor season has come to its conclusion for the Sidmouth ladies, writes Mary Turner.
The 2013 season certainly goes down as a good one, most definitely in terms of the weather!
There are a small number of matters still to be reported and the first of those is the playing of the Ladies three-wood final which saw Jane Painter triumph over gallant loser Brenda Somerfield.
Jane Painter then took on Jean Green in the final of the Nina Cup and won that too!
Well done, Jane, and commiserations to both Jean and Brenda.
You may also want to watch:
The last friendly match of the season was against neighbouring Feniton, with Sidmouth Ladies winning all three games.
The winning teams were S Bonnell, S Mison and skip E Hewett winning (19-17), K Hollingdale, M Bristow and skip V Newnham (13-9) and L Hargrave, J Brimson and skip M King (13-11).
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
Well done, ladies, a good end to a great season.
The Over-50s Yellow team met Exonia at Exonia in their last match of the season, winning one rink and losing one, The winning team were E Reed, J Fricker and skip V Newnham with a score of 16 to 11.
As all the matches in the Over-50s League have now been played I can report that the Yellows came second in the league losing by a very narrow margin to Crediton, whilst the Blues came third in their section. Well done, to all who played this season.
The Sidmouth ladies’ captain next year will be Valerie Newnham who agreed to a second term as captain. We all wish her well.