Painter resumes county match and wins
The Sidmouth BC Ladies’ Over-50s played Shaldon at Shaldon winning one game and losing one game. Well done to Pat Prichard, Sheila Burnand and Val Newnham on a 16 -14 win, writes Elaine Reed.
Teams selected for the non- badged league are doing well with both triples winning. Betty Farmer, Jill Lewis and Shirley Rose won 18-13 and Sheila Ingyon, Paddy Wrench and Mary Smith won with an impressive 22-10 playing against Ottery St Mary at Ottery St Mary. Well done.
Sidmouth played Feniton at Feniton in three triples winning two: Well done Jean Mountford, Sylvia Cook and Jane Painter on a 27-8 win and Elaine Reed, Sheila Burnand and Jill Bishop, 14-10.
Following this game Jane Painter resumed her two wood final which had been postponed midway through the match due to bad weather last week.
Starting at end nine, with a score of 2-9 against, Painter had a fantastic comeback ending in a 17-10 win when her opponent conceded after 19 ends.
You may also want to watch:
Well done and good luck for the regional finals at Tiverton on July 2.
In the Interclub round 2, Sidmouth played Holsworthy at Crediton and won on both rinks. Well done Pat Pritchard, Elaine Reed, Val Newnham and Jill Bishop with a 23-13 win and Jean Brimson, Paddy Wrench, Jane Painter and Eileen Hewitt who excelled with a win of 43- 8.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
The first round of the Ladies Championship saw the following go through: Zena Johnson, Sue Mison, Wendy Limpus, Janet Hughes, Paddy Wrench, Margaret King, Val Newnham, Jean Brimson and Jill Bishop. Good luck for the next round.
Sidmouth played Budleigh at home, winning on one out of three rinks: Well done Janice Quinn, Jenny Fricker, Josie Harrison and Jane Painter on a 16-15 win.
Also on Friday the County Over 70's pairs resulted in a win for Margaret King and Paddy Wrench- well done and good luck in the next round.
Whilst we ladies are enjoying all the competitions we do not forget the significant work, time and effort put in by individuals who organise these for us. Thank you. Also, however busy you may be, please remember to support the Ladies Umbrella each wednesday afternoon. Numbers are very low and the competition may be at risk if this continues.