Painter’s Plate win
The weather hasn't been too kind to bowlers this season with numerous matches either cancelled or re-scheduled, writes Mary Turner.
The following matches have taken place with mixed results.
Sidmouth Non-Badged Triples League played Pinces Garden Exeter away.
Sidmouth won on one rink and lost on three, the winning rink was Mary Smith, Jane Painter and Eileen Hewett, who had a well deserved win 24-7. Well done ladies. The same day Sidmouth played Heavitree at Heavitree, winning one and losing one. The winning rink was Wendy Limpus, Sheila Burnand and Phil Nobbs , the score being a close 18-16.
The Non-Badged League side played away at Heavitree, again winning one match and losing one. The winning rink comprised Carol Keating, Sheila Ingyon and Shirley Rose, scoring 16-12.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth hosted a team from Crediton. There were four triples, Sidmouth winning one and losing three. The winners were Carol Keating, Doreen Pound and Sue Miller. The score was 16-15.
The internal competition The Mitchell Plate was played last Friday. This is a singles match and the contestants were Jane Painter and Doreen Pound. The result was Jane Painter 21 Doreen Pound 1. Well done to Jane who will now go through to the next round, and commiserations to Doreen.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
On the same day a match was held at Sidmouth against Seaton which resulted in Sidmouth winning one and losing one. The winning rink was Jean Brimson, Paddy Wrench and Eileen Hewett scoring 17-11. Well played.
Sidmouth hosted a friendly match against local rivals Honiton. Three triples matches were played, resulting in Sidmouth losing one match and winning two which made Sidmouth the over all winners gaining 51 points to Honiton’s 41.
The winning rinks were Marion Watson, Jane Painter(who came to the rescue as one of the original team could not play) and captain Margaret King 22-14 and Elaine Reed, Sheila Burnand and Valerie Newnham 17-14. Congratulations to both teams.