Painter’s Plate win
The weather hasn't been too kind to bowlers this season with numerous matches either cancelled or re-scheduled, writes Mary Turner.
The following matches have taken place with mixed results.
Sidmouth Non-Badged Triples League played Pinces Garden Exeter away.
Sidmouth won on one rink and lost on three, the winning rink was Mary Smith, Jane Painter and Eileen Hewett, who had a well deserved win 24-7. Well done ladies. The same day Sidmouth played Heavitree at Heavitree, winning one and losing one. The winning rink was Wendy Limpus, Sheila Burnand and Phil Nobbs , the score being a close 18-16.
The Non-Badged League side played away at Heavitree, again winning one match and losing one. The winning rink comprised Carol Keating, Sheila Ingyon and Shirley Rose, scoring 16-12.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth hosted a team from Crediton. There were four triples, Sidmouth winning one and losing three. The winners were Carol Keating, Doreen Pound and Sue Miller. The score was 16-15.
The internal competition The Mitchell Plate was played last Friday. This is a singles match and the contestants were Jane Painter and Doreen Pound. The result was Jane Painter 21 Doreen Pound 1. Well done to Jane who will now go through to the next round, and commiserations to Doreen.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability
On the same day a match was held at Sidmouth against Seaton which resulted in Sidmouth winning one and losing one. The winning rink was Jean Brimson, Paddy Wrench and Eileen Hewett scoring 17-11. Well played.
Sidmouth hosted a friendly match against local rivals Honiton. Three triples matches were played, resulting in Sidmouth losing one match and winning two which made Sidmouth the over all winners gaining 51 points to Honiton’s 41.
The winning rinks were Marion Watson, Jane Painter(who came to the rescue as one of the original team could not play) and captain Margaret King 22-14 and Elaine Reed, Sheila Burnand and Valerie Newnham 17-14. Congratulations to both teams.