Parr hat-trick aids Raleigh win
Colaton Raleigh grabbed their second consecutive win following a hard- fought contest against local rivals Sidbury United 2nds. An Adrian Parr hat-trick helped them to victory, writes Jordan Cooper.
The game started with Raleigh well on top, using the wings to good effect and creating a few chances in the opening stages of the tie.
It took them until the half hour mark to break the deadlock when Cooper prodded home his first goal of the season from a Damien Armes’ long throw.
Sidbury threatened to get back into the game before half-time but were unable to find the killer pass to open up a sturdy Raleigh defence.
The second half started in the same vein as the first and Raleigh quickly increased their lead.
You may also want to watch:
Parr headed in from a well-delivered corner before doubling his tally for the day after a good team move.
With pride at stake, Sidbury took the game to Raleigh and, unfortunately for them, had the ball in the back of the net, only to see it disallowed for offside.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
This left the hosts deflated and, with just minutes remaining, Parr headed home for his third and Raleigh’s fourth to complete a resounding victory that saw them claim their first clean sheet of the season.
This Saturday sees Raleigh home St Martins 2nds, 3pm KO.