Parr strikes see Town Reserves to 5-0 cup final warm-up win
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Town Reserves warmed up for Thursday night’s Devon Senior Cup final with an emphatic 5-0 Macron League Division One win over Cullompton Rangers Reserves.
The surface at Manstone Lane was heavy throughout and most certainly of the ‘energy sapping’ type.
Town took the lead in the 20th minute with a Tom Moore and could, perhaps should, have had the game comfortably sewn up by the half hour mark!
Ben Miller, Jake Boyland and Moore all had good chances to score before Riki Pitter showed a cool head to fire home in a crowded box.
Shortly before half-time Aidy Parr, making his return from suspension, slotted home from the spot to send the Vikings second team into the break with a 3-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
A quiet start to the second half saw neither side really flourish as the conditions started to have an effect. However, there were two further goals, the first came when Parr rifled home his second and the Vikings fourth before Moore’s scuffed effort faintly touched Parr who then tried to claim his hat trick!
On Thursday night Town Reserves are in action at the Coach Road, Newton Abbot home of the Devon FA where they face fellow Macron League Division One side Colyton in the final of the Devon Senior Cup.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support