Patidar bats Sidmouth 2nds to Cornwood success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 2nds had their 11-point lead at the top of the 2nd XI top flight table cut by a point after they bagged a four wicket win over Cornwood in a low scoring affair at Fortfield.
Cornwood batted first and laboured their way to just 138-9 from their 45 overs. There was some tight and disciplined bowling from the home bowlers - none more so than from Daley Holmes who sent down his full complement of nine overs, five of which were maidens, and he conceded just four runs whilst also claiming one wicket.
The wickets were shared around with Joe Griffiths (2-8 from four overs), Dec Lines 2-39 from 8) and James Gingell (2-30 from seven), each striking twice and there were single wickets for Daley Holmes and Saju Patidar (1-29 in eight).
The Sidmouth reply wobbled in its infancy with Anthony Griffiths (6), Dec Lines (0), Anthony Dibble (0) and Greg Chaplin (14) all back in the pavilion with just 32 on the score board.
However, Matthew Hewer was joined by Saju Patidar and the pair added 70 for the firth wicket which was the loss of Hewer for a patient 90-ball knock of 21. Patidar’s wicket was the last to fall – he fell for a splendid 49-ball 47, an innings that included six fours and one six.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth reached their 19-point victory off the fourth ball of the 39th over.
On Saturday (August 6), the 2nd XI entertain second bottom Heathcoat who they defeated by 110 runs when the pair met in Mid Devon in early June.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Mitch 'still committed' to £1 million Sidmouth restaurant plan