Patidar ups the tempo for U11s
A beautiful day greeted the U11s fixture at home against Axminster. Sidmouth were looking to continue their winning form from the previous week. Captain Jash Patidar won the toss and elected to field.
The Axminster openers struggled against some fine bowling from Elliot Emmott (4 overs, 0 for 11) and Finlay Richards (4 overs, 1 for 16) and their eventual total was 64, Harry Ensall having chipped in with 1-7.
When Sidmouth batted, the openers found it tough to score freely as the Axminster opening pair kept things quiet. After seven overs Sidmouth managed to get to 19, but Max Weavin and Cassia Astley-Jones were bowled by William Briant. Sidmouth captain, Jash Patidar, 22, upped the tempo with a number of lusty blows, well supported by Cole Monaghan, batting sensibly by holding his end up. The pair managed to put on 44 in 8 overs. Within spitting distance of the winning post, Jash tried one blow too many and was caught for a well made 22.
Jordan Fowler was next man in and he and Monaghan saw the home team over the line with 3.5 overs to spare.
This was a comfortable win and another convincing performance by the U11s which saw them secure their second consecutive victory of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Again a tough call on this week’s Man of the Match as both batsmen and bowlers performed well. However, for his all round performance with bat and ball this week’s Man of the Match is Jash Patidar.
This Wednesday, May 16, we take on Ottery St Mary (away). Meet at Ottery Cricket Club at 5.45pm for start at 6pm.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98