Pavey, Osbourne and McIndoe land Phil PIke Triples success at Sidbury
- Credit: Archant
This annual in-house competition, the Phil Pike Triples, always brings out the competitiveness of members of the most friendly of clubs that is Sidbury Short Mat Bowls Club.
The competition is held annually in memory of the former chairman of the club and this year teams were randomly drawn and a round-robin of four games for each team was played through to what became a final between the club’s current captain, Eric Pavey, partnered by Carol Osborne and Keith McIndoe and Neil Peters, Vida French and Gordon Batten.
Pavey and his team secured an 11-9 victory, the closeness of the score reflecting how tense and exciting the match was, as indeed are many matches that are played by the club.
Sidbury Short Mat Bowls Club plays many competitions in both league and as friendlies and always welcomes new members.
There’s a regular Open day with the next one taking place on Saturday, October 5.
You may also want to watch:
This offers the chance of a taster session if you ever fancied trying, or if you are an old pro that wants to get back into it!
There are mats to suit all styles. On the day there will also be various stalls with bric-a-brac, books and of course the obligatory coffee and cakes!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
The charity that funds will be raised for at this Open Day will be the Devon Air Ambulance and also St Giles Flower Festival.
Further detail can be got from the club’s chairman Richard, on 01395 512013
You are always welcome, of course to just turn up any Monday or Thursday afternoon at 2pm.