Pease stars as SOHC ladies win well at Dartmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies first team took their goal to 57 from 15 Petroc Division One games when they won 4-2 at Dartmouth.
What made the success all the more impressive was that, early in the second half, the team were 2-1 down, but they stuck at the task and fully deserved to win.
SOHC were the more dominant side for much of the contest and might well have finished with a higher margin of victory with bad luck robbing them of a number of scoring opportunities.
There were some terrific passages of play throughout, particularly between Alice Please and Samantha Parkyn down the wing.
The SOHC goals were scored by Nicky Lockyer, Karen Dutton, Ellie Marok and Sam Parkyn.
You may also want to watch:
The Player of the Match award went to Alice Pease for her all-round contribution for, not only did she impress on the wing, but she also made some wonderful passes.
Special mention must also be made of the contributions from Lizzie Nancekivell, Flora Hastie and Player of match Pease, all of whom stepped up from other club teams and did not look out of place at any time.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
This Saturday, the ladies continue their efforts to bag a top two finish in the league when they host second bottom Dart II (12.30pm).