Pegler stars as Tipton net second successive clean-sheet win
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John bagged a second successive clean-sheet victory and stretched their unbeaten start to the Macron League Division Three season to four games when they travelled to Pinhoe where they won 3-0.
The goals were scored by Nick Pegler, Joe Blackmore and Ian Pring.
A most impressive feature of the win was another clean sheet, much deserved too for glovesman Dale Strawbridge and the back three of Jonny Heavey, Jake Freeman and Jamie Connett.
However, the individual star of another fine all-round performance was Nick Pegler.
This Saturday (October 14), Tipton face a tough game at home to Division Three table-topping Crediton United Reserves, who have won all six of their league games so far this term, scoring a whopping 36 goals in the process!
You may also want to watch:
Tipton are going into the game missing a couple of key players with birthday boy Ash Baker out and also glovesman Dale Strawbridge, who broke a couple of ribs in the win over Pinhoe and faces a time on the sidelines as he recovers.
On the plus side, Tipton are hoping that Haydn Banfield, who missed the Pinhoe win after picking up a training ground injury, will be back in the side.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections