Pepperell success in Charles Stanley stableford
- Credit: Archant
Monday’s Charles Stanley stableford was won by David Pepperell with 39 points, continuing to display consistent form this season, writes John Barnard.
A dozen pars and two birdies meant a high scoring round for David who ultimately saw his handicap reduced to five again.
In second place was Gary Linnen who scored 38 points. He had a poor start, double bogeying the first and bogeying the second but then, more consistent play kicked in and on the back nine, he was one over par gross.
In third place, making a welcome return after his move to South Devon was Mike Flattley.
His score of 38 points also won the seniors competition so he has earnt some money towards his club subscription!
You may also want to watch:
He had a quite consistent round except he ‘blobbed’ the eighth and 13th, otherwise he could have won everything.
John Jones still leads the birdie count with 44, 14 ahead of Jonathan Lee.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
In the eclectic, John is still one shot ahead of Simon Knowles and Jonathan Lee.